Living in Halls

Hi guys!  During my first year of university, I lived in Founders Court. I miss living in halls for many reasons. Here are a few reasons why…

1. You have the chance to meet new people

Living with strangers can be a scary prospect… but I assure you, you will all get chatting in no time on welcome Sunday! Meeting new people will allow you to make new contacts and form close friendships.

1. Personalise your new room

A new home means a new place to decorate! During welcome week, there will be a couple of ‘crafternoon’ sessions where you can create your own decorations to make your room that bit more homey. This is where you can personalise a mug, craft a wall hanging or make a sign for your door.

1. The perfect location

Living on campus made it so easy to roll out of bed in the morning to make it to your 9am lecture. Not only is it handy to attend your lectures and seminars, everything happens on campus including university events, society meet-ups, social nights, barbeques, quizzes, karaoke and sporting events. Although living in a house has its own perks, I definitely miss being in the central buzz of Edge Hill (not that I’m far away… just a 15 minute walk!).

1. The library

Being on campus also made it so easy to visit the library, whether it is to take out some books, use their computers or do some work. This year the new library is complete in the Catalyst building… which I am very excited to see! You can read more about the new facilities here. Some people work best at home, whereas the library is the best place for others. Personally, it definitely helps me to concentrate on my assignments without any distractions!

I hope you are feeling buzzed for your first week at Edge Hill University. Have you started to read ‘Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine’ in your welcome pack?

Speak soon, Anna 🙂