University Awaits!

What have you been up to this summer? If you are about to enter your first year of university, it must be your first extra-long summer… more than 5 weeks of holiday is great isn’t it?

So far my summer has consisted of work, sleep, food and more sleep – ideal. A couple of weeks after finishing my second year placement in Primary Ed, I started working as an activity and dorm leader at a residential summer camp… I just can’t escape children!

I have also visited my family in Blackpool, which has been nice catch up with them. My brother came up from London for a long weekend whilst we stayed at my Grandmas. There is nothing better than the good ol’ Blackpool breeze and a Mr Whippy ice cream.

Next week, I am going on holiday with my house mates who I have missed these past few weeks!! If you’re planning a holiday with friends, I’d definitely look at Airbnb. With a group of people and splitting the price between you per night, you can get more than your money’s worth.

And finally… I have to prepare for my third and final year at Edge Hill! (sad times). This year, it is important to focus on our teachers’ standards portfolio which includes all our experience, observations and the ways which we have met each standard.

I hope you’re all enjoying the end of your summer and are feeling excited for your Edge Hill adventure!!