A-Level Results Day and EHU Campus

So… It’s less than a week until A-level results day! Along with A-level results comes the news surrounding university choices and we hope that you’re coming to Edge Hill! I’ve spoken before about Ormskirk’s striking familiarity and how Edge Hill University almost felt like home from the first time I visited–and with the developments that have been made over the last 3 years, this home has been refurbished!

Chancellors Court

Improvements made over my time studying here include the addition of new halls, from Chancellors South being completed just before my arrival, through Palatine Court being built whilst I studied, to Woodland Court being finished just before I begin my final year (in which I will be living soon)! Other improvements have been made in the form of the new Tech Hub, where I have been working during my summer internship, and the Catalyst – which is receiving its finishing touches as we speak – it’s been an exciting time on campus, that’s for sure.

Tech Hub

I remember this week being pretty nerve-wracking but that many people adopted almost a “win or lose, we’re on the booze” mindset. If you get into your first choice: great! If you get your insurance choice: still great (I remember all my top five choices I was pretty equally favouring). Then, if “worst comes to worst” and you don’t receive an offer and you still want to attend university, there’s always clearing! I’ve heard many anecdotal tales of people going through clearing and attending a university they either hadn’t previously considered or brushed off their list early and absolutely loving it. The sister of one of my friend even ended up studying something a little different to what she had originally planned and ended up enjoying it so much that she’s changed her career path.

All this is to say, the direction of your future isn’t set in stone, and unexpected circumstances might lead you to consider options you’ve previously dismissed or never had the opportunity to think about!