Happy Graduation, Class of ’18!

On the 17th July, the Biology class of 2018 (as well as other 2018 classes such as drama) graduated. This class was the one that I had spent first year and second year with – getting to know and studying alongside. However, because I chose to complete a sandwich year on a work placement in the USA, I effectively delayed my graduation. Whilst I was away, my friends were undergoing their third and final year! I may still have one year to go, but they’re all done and dusted–and graduated!

Facilities
The Biosciences building for Biology at Edge Hill

Since I’m doing a summer internship up at Edge Hill in the biosciences department, it was easy for me to pop down and see my former classmates. I didn’t attend the physical graduation or watch from the SU bar on the projector, but I did manage to see most of the class afterwards, even getting a few pictures with them all in their robes and hats. Just because I didn’t graduate at the same time, doesn’t make me feel like any less of their classmate!

Having not seen some of them in over a year, it was lovely to speak to them again. The day wasn’t without its troubles though – the university being filled to the brim with people and families was a little anxiety-inducing–and it wasn’t even my graduation!

Despite the fact that I should’ve graduated this year, according to the original plan, it still feels wild that I will (if all goes well!) have graduated a year from now… From then on, it’s a mystery where I’ll be! Although with masters courses on offer here at Edge Hill and casual work being offered over the summer like the summer internship I’m currently undertaking, maybe I won’t be far away in a year’s time–only time will tell!