Best things about Ormskirk

Hey all, hope the end to your June has been good and you’re all doing well!

Edge Hill is in the town of Ormskirk; a small but lovely place. Not a lot of people outside of Liverpool that I’ve spoken to are aware of where it is, so I thought I’d let you guys know a little bit about the town!

Location

Ormskirk’s nearest big city is Liverpool; by train it takes between 30 and 40 minutes to get into the Liverpool Central train station. It is also a 15-20 minute train away from Aintree, the home of the Grand National. The trains run fairly regularly, so it’s great if you love going on days out to big cities but don’t like living in one! It’s also great if you’re a fan of night life, because the trains don’t stop until 23:37 at night!

What to do

In Ormskirk there are some really lovely shops. Not only do they have the usual you see on high streets, such as Waterstones and Clarks, but there are also some really lovely local businesses. There are the likes of cafes and pubs, but also gift shops and some shops that sell a unique array of goods.

I also really love the range of food places there are in Ormskirk; there’s a beach-themed restaurant and bar opened up the other month called Dinky Dory (where you get served your fries in a sandcastle bucket!), Wetherspoons, a couple of Bistros of the likes of Barnyard and Nordico Lounge and then takeaways galore!

There’s also the loveliest park called Coronation Park which you can go to if you want a walk or want to sunbathe during Summer!

The atmosphere

I think everyone who you ask about Ormskirk’s atmosphere will agree when I say it is such a lovely town. The people there are lovely and all the shop owners and people you pass in the town centre are so polite and kind. It’s the kind of place that you wouldn’t have to worry about feeling unwelcome in.

Like I said earlier, if you don’t like living in big cities, for example I come from a small town so I would have felt totally unsettled if I’d moved to, say, Liverpool itself, Ormskirk is somewhere that would be good for you.

Transport

As I mentioned above, the trains are quite regular to Liverpool, but you can also get trains towards Preston too. The train station itself can easily be found, as can the bus station. When you come down to the town centre from Edge Hill, the bus station is the first thing you see at the end of the road that the University is on! From there, there is a small footpath you can follow to get to the train station. Once you’ve been there once, you’ll easily find it again!

So, Ormskirk has a lot of great things about it! It’s got such lovely scenery, shops, and is easy to travel to and from!┬áIf you have any questions about anything specific, let me know in the comments below, you could even ask me if Ormskirk has something that you’re interested in knowing about!