Getting in Touch!

Hey all! I hope you’re doing well and you’re enjoying your Summer! It’s still fantastic weather isn’t it?

I wanted to write a blog about one of my favourite things that happened on the lead up to me becoming a student at Edge Hill; how the Student Assistants for your accommodation invite you to join a Facebook group where you can message who are going to be your flatmates for the year!

As a part of the process after you’ve accepted your place at Edge Hill, your Student Assistant will introduce themselves through email. The Student Assistants are basically current students at Edge Hill that will be living in the same accommodation building as you and are your main port of call if you have an issue that needs resolving. In the emails they initially send you, you will be invited to join a Facebook group in which you’ll find the other people you’ll be living with!

The great thing about this is that if you struggle and take a while to make new friends, this gives you a head start before you get there! It definitely made it easier for me to get to know everyone and it helped that I recognised people a little when I got in to my Halls (Back Halls).

Although these groups usually contain people from the whole of your building and sometimes a couple of others, usually, once everyone knows their room number, people tend to post asking if anyone on the page is near to them, which is a great way to find out who exactly your flatmates will be. For example, I managed to find and be added to a group which contained my 9 person cluster exclusively.

So, if you’re thinking of becoming an Edge Hill student and one of your main concerns about University is making friends and settling in with your flatmates, I hope this post has somewhat helped you in your decision. Also, if you’re already a prospective student waiting on an acceptance letter, once you get it, make sure to check your emails!

In the meantime, check out my post on how to keep up with Edge Hill’s social media here:

Keeping up with Edge Hill!

And feel free to ask me any questions below! 🙂