Sea you in Blackpool!

This weekend I am in my favourite place of all time – BLACKPOOL. When you think of Blackpool, what do you think of? Do you think of hen do’s, the pleasure beach or donkey rides? As someone who considers Blackpool to be their second home, I can assure you that this magical place is much more than that! My grandma lives here so it is nice to be able to visit her and this lovely city at the same time! Here are some of my favourite things to do or see if you are looking for a close sea-side town near to Edge Hill…

1. Cleveleys Beach

Cleveleys beach is a lovely place to visit if you want sun, sea and sand. You could almost imagine you are abroad in this weather so why not make the most of it?

1. Blackpool Tower Ballroom

Whether you are into ballroom dancing or not, the grand Blackpool tower ballroom is amazing to visit. I am not much of a dancer myself, but I LOVE Strictly Come Dancing and have been to a couple of the Blackpool shows. The interior is stunning and I have not visited anywhere quite like it. It also has sentimental value for me as my grandparents often danced here when they were younger.

1. Stanley Park

Stanley Park is not far from Blackpool Zoo, and makes one of the best days out. The speed boats and paddle boats are always a laugh when you have a very uncoordinated family… (tip: watch out for stray ducks when steering). There are many other activities available such as mini-golf, trampolining and of course…. ICE CREAM (if that counts as an activity). But if you are someone who appreciates scenery, it also has wonderful views and gardens.

I will stop there for now otherwise I could go on forever… let me know if you have visited these places in Blackpool! And remember… Blackpool is not just the promenade of rock candy and 2p machines, it has many more hidden gems besides!

Anna 🙂