What a Year! ~ Third Year Highlights

After three years, my university life is drawing to an end. University has taught me a lot, and I’m so grateful that for the last two years I have been able to write and share my university experience on this blog. My third year of uni, in particular, was challenging, but at the same time rewarding. Which is why today I will be blogging about my favourite aspects of my third year at university

Moving into my third-year house was very exciting for me, I love moving and living in new locations. I will miss my room the most out of the whole house as it was my space to escape, chill and work on projects. As I type this amidst all the moving boxes that currently surround me, I feel sentimental as this house has been the best place I’ve lived so far. Many memories have been made in this house over the course of this year with my flatmates and friends, including filming my third-year film here.

As you may already know due to a blog post I wrote previously, in my second semester of university I directed my third year TV Production ‘Animal Earth’.The show was all about animals, in particular dogs, and that was the main reason I decided to do an animal show is that I just really love animals, so I thought it was a win-win situation as I could make a show while being surrounded by animals. Having the opportunity to start with the small idea that I had, and to see it grow, while working on every aspect of it, directing it to its final stage was incredible. Being able to work with talented people such as Emma Kenny, Pete Smith, Katie (Cockapoo Marley’s owner), and Elaine from Therapy Dogs Nationwide, was amazing!

If you’ve read some of my work on this blog before you’ll know that I love to write about budgeting for trips and saving money in day to day life, and after saving up for the last three years I was able to book a two week holiday of a lifetime to Florida with my two best friends, who I met at uni. America was a destination that I thought I’d never have the opportunity to travel seeing as Amsterdam was the only other place I traveled before this trip. Travelling to America and hanging at Universal and Walt Disney World with my friends was insanely cool, and the perfect way to celebrate graduating university.

So that’s it, my top three highlights from my last year of university. I hope you enjoyed this post, the next step for me is graduation next month. Thank you for reading.
Until next time!

Film/Show of the day: Evil Genius (2018)