Running away with the circus

Hey all, I hope you are well.

Earlier this month I got the chance to work with Circus Sensible again to create a collaborative Circus performance which we performed to various audiences on Friday 18th and Saturday 20th May. I took part in this one week intensive last year too, which you can read about here:

Circus Fun on Campus!

This intensive was offered to Performing Arts students, but was something anyone who wished to learn something about circus skills and performance could take part in. I already knew a few skills from the previous year, such as juggling, diabolo, spinning plates and a bit of hula hooping, but I wanted to focus on developing my hula hooping skills this year, so I did!

I worked on developing a hula hooping routine with the help of the Circus Sensible team, who gave me some great advice on what I can do to better the routine. I couldn’t thank them enough for what they gave me!

We performed to two audiences of local Primary School children on the Friday, then 2 audiences of families and our friends on the Saturday. It was so interesting to see how the audiences reacted and how different they were, and I feel really lucky to have had this opportunity that Edge Hill have given me. This is one of the many things Edge Hill has given me, and I look forward to what comes in my third year!