Tips and Tricks: Planning a Holiday as a Student!

Today I submitted my last piece of coursework for university! This week many students will be sitting their exams and submitting their essays, and after all that work they’ll be wanting a much needed holiday. I’m very good with money so have been working and saving for a small trip to celebrate the end of my university experience, which is why today I will be telling you my tips and tricks for travelling.
Disclaimer: I’ve only ever been on one holiday outside the UK so don’t feel bad if you haven’t had the chance to travel before, as neither have I.

So first up you want to Save up! As obvious as this sounds it’s a very important and a key step as you can’t go aboard with no money in your pocket. If you feel that you need help with saving and budgeting there are many apps available to help you keep track of how much you’re saving.

Look for cheaper deals, even if it might take a while. The logic of course behind this is that the more money you save on the hotel and plane, the more you can spend while you’re abroad. Don’t go on peak times, share a room with the people you’re going with, don’t stay central in some cases, and look for the best deals on a range of websites, are just a few tips I have for booking getaways. A little tip is to look for flights in an incognito tab as you’re more likely to get a better deal.

Additionally, make sure you actually wanna go to the place you’re booking the day for, this may seem extremely obvious to you, however, peer pressure is a strong thing, so keep in mind that your friends dream holiday, may not be yours, and that’s okay!

Documents. Make sure you have all the paperwork and information you need for your trip sorted. This is something you’ll have to do throughout booking your journey. For example, you will need your passport if you’re leaving the country, but you may also need to book transport from the airport to the hotel. Planning all this in advance will save you time, and make the trip as stress-free as possible. Additionally, travel insurance is very important, so make sure you have it!

Travel with friends, it’s a lot more fun and safer to travel with a group of friends than by yourself. You can share memories, go sightseeing together, and you’ll always have someone to talk to if you get homesick. Not to mention if you’re travelling to a country that you don’t know the language of, you can both learn certain phrases and the culture of the country together beforehand!

Don’t leave organising to the last minute. As tempting as this may be for some, having everything planned and pre-organised before your trip will make your trip a lot my enjoyable in the long run as you won’t be panicking about not having transport to the hotel you’re staying in for example. By creating a list of things that need to be done e.g booking tickets to a theme park, you’re easing the pressure of future you!

And most importantly, have fun and be safe! Even if things don’t go to plan or you don’t get to do all the things on your ‘to do list’, that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. Just take it slow and relax, remember it’s a holiday at the end of the day!

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you found it somewhat useful when looking at holiday deals. I hope you have an amazing week!
Until next time!

Film/Show of the day: IT (2017)