Fun things for students on campus!

Hey all, I hope you’re having a good week.

One of the main things that students look for when applying for a University is what they can do in their spare time, both on and off campus. Below is a link to a blog post by Eleanor Wilson about the night-life, but this post is going to be about what is specifically on campus and what you can do during the day on your days off!

Ormskirk night life

Sports

If you’re a fan of sports, Edge Hill’s sports centre is a fantastic place to spend your free time. If you fancied getting a group of friends together and renting out one of the courts to play badminton or football together there are spaces available, and you can even take part in the activities the centre organise for students, such as Yoga, Netball or Table Tennis. If this would be something you’d be interested in, I’ve linked the pages where the activity price list and the membership prices are explained:

Activities price list

Membership

As well as activities and such, if you wanted to simply use the gym facilities then they have some top-of-the-range equipment for your use!

Campus Life Activities

Campus Life are the campus team that makes sure students get the support they need whilst at University, but they also put on some really cool events!

Some of the past events that they’ve put on include Nature Walks to places such as the Formby Red Squirrel Reserve, Easter Egg hunts, and awareness events such as Food and Feminism. Below I’ve linked to the events page on the Campus Life Facebook page so that you can have a look at these events, both past and planned, for yourself!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/EHUCampusLife/events/?ref=page_internal

Theatre, Film, Dance and Music

The Arts Centre is personally one of my favourite places on campus, and I know that that might seem biased because I’m a Performing Arts student, but I’ll just let you in on a few reasons.

If you love theatre, the Arts Centre get some of the best shows around, they’ve had the likes of Reckless Sleepers, Elf Lyons and even screenings of the National Theatre’s latest productions. As well as Drama, there are also a lot of dance and music shows for you to check out if you enjoy them, and there are also the Open Mic Nights and Talent Shows that you can both watch or take part in!

As well as this, there are film screenings that you can go to, which I did a blog about recently:

https://blogs.edgehill.ac.uk/insideedge/2018/04/16/film-screenings-at-the-arts-centre/

So that was just a few things that you can do on campus for fun! If you wanted to know more or wanted to ask if something you enjoy is catered for, you can pop me a comment down below and I’ll reply as soon as I can!