UCAS offers from Edge Hill University – No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair.

I Choo Choo Choose Edge Hill

Many of you will have started to receive all five of your offers now from universities up and down the country. It’s exciting, thrilling and mindbogglingly complicated looking through all of these different emails and letters promising the best student experience of them all. Before you start anything, think about this quote;

No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair.

(1885 – 1945) U.S. Army general

Get out and visit the place before you even consider choosing the next 3, 4 or even more years of your life. A bus journey lasts a few hours, a mistake is a lot harder to live with. This blog will help you understand how you should go about choosing your experience for next year and what the different types of UCAS replies mean for you.

If you want to find out more about Open Days or Applicant Days at Edge Hill University you can read these blogs from myself and fellow blogger Rhiannon Thomas;

Edge Hill University Applicant Days – Seeing is believing

Open Days at Edge Hill

I recommend seeing as many universities as possible, but make sure Edge Hill is on your list. I promise that no university will compare to the friendly staff, amazing campus and brilliant people who you will meet at Edge Hill. If you don’t believe me then come and see for yourself. But it is important that you take time and look into the universities that you choose no matter what they end up being. Next, it’s onto your choices.

Understanding your UCAS choices

Firm ChoiceYour firm choice (Hopefully Edge Hill University) should be the university that you, all things going to plan, want to attend. It should be the place that you know you want to spend the next however many years of your life studying.

Don’t just pick an unconditional offer for this just because you can. Pick what you really want!

Your Insurance ChoiceIf you’re choosing an insurance, go for something with lower offer conditions. Make sure it’s somewhere you’d still be happy to go to though.
You can’t choose between your firm and insurance when you get your results, so make sure you’re happy with which is your firm and which is your insurance before you reply.

I recommend choosing an insurance choice, in case things don’t go to plan.

Relax, you're finished.

Finally, relax. You have just sorted out your choices and it’s time to stick by them. Don’t spend too long bragging about going to a TEF Gold university for too long though. Its time to start looking at accommodation and making plans to move in. You want to know where to get the best advice, tips and tricks for making all of that easier? Right here on Inside Edge.

That is all I can say about UCAS offers at Edge Hill. I hope you take my advice and visit on an applicant or open day at Edge Hill, and I hope you also understand the difference between your UCAS choices. If you want to find out more about deadlines, responses, and more for UCAS you can visit their website here.

And if you want more free and great information email think@edgehill.ac.uk or leave a comment below and I will get back to you. If you want to suggest something to write about or want to be interviewed leave a comment below also and I will get back to you personally!