Hey all, I hope you are doing well!
One of the ways in which you can get to know a University before you actually go to it is an Open Day. These can sometimes be tricky to get to, as there can be clashes with other open days, however, the great thing about Edge Hill is that they have several Open Days throughout the year. They also have Applicant Visit Days, in which if you hold an unconditional or conditional place you get invited to check out the campus and its facilities. But if you want to do this before you apply, then Open Days are perfect for you.
The next Open Days are listed below, and if you wish to apply, the links are there for you!
- Saturday 16th June 2018, 10am-3pm – Book Now
- Saturday 18th August 2018, 10am-3pm – Book Now
- Saturday 6th October 2018, 10am-3pm – Book Now
- Saturday 3rd November 2018, 10am-3pm – Book Now
- Saturday 24th November 2018, 10am-3pm – Book Now
There are a few reasons that Open Days are a really good thing to go to before applying for a University:
- See the campus: you get to see where you’ll be spending your years at University! You need to be sure that it’s a place you’ll be happy with. There are so many different types of campuses and places they are in; some campuses have the accommodation on campus (i.e. Edge Hill!), some have accommodation off campus, some are in cities, and some are in quieter towns! I personally don’t feel my happiest living in a big city all the time, as I come from a fairly quiet town. So Edge Hill, being in Ormskirk and also having on campus accommodation, was perfect for me.
- See the facilities: University isn’t a breeze, I’m not going to lie to you about that one. You get what you put into it, and the thing that really helps? The facilities. You need to make sure that there are the right resources you’ll need to do your best and get the grades you deserve. By attending an open day, you can check these resources out in person!
- Meet your prospective teachers: at Edge Hill Open Days, you get given a timetable so you can attend any talks that your prospective course’s teachers will be giving that day. The teachers also take time to talk to students about any questions that you have. So this is a perfect opportunity to get to know the people you’ll be getting taught by for 3+ years. It’s the same as with the campus and the facilities; you need to make sure you’ll be happy with the teachers you will be interacting with.
- Info on applying- applying for University can be a little confusing. Sometimes the guidelines and requirements might seem like they’re written in a load of Uni jargon, so speaking with the teams within the University is a great idea. As well as the talks with your departments, Edge Hill organise for stands to be in the Hub with all the different teams there- such as the Accommodation Team, the Careers Team and the Wellbeing Team- so you can discuss anything that confuses you.
If you have any questions regarding the Open Days, feel free to drop me a comment!