Great Places to Study on Campus

Hey all, I hope you are well!

At University, sometimes studying in your room can be a little bit distracting. Netflix is only a click away, your bed becomes a burrito cave of comfort… it can be really hard to study in your room. Occasionally, I can get some work done at my house, however, I often find it a lot easier to focus at Uni. There are a few reasons for this, the main one being that as well as there being less distractions, the resources I need to study are all there right next to me!

There are many different places on campus that are great to study, so I thought I’d give you some info on just where you can do this!

The Edge Hill Library

The Edge Hill Library is my all time favourite and most productive place in which I can study! The library has all the books you could possibly need for research and essays, computers for if you don’t have a laptop with you, tables to work at and also study rooms in which you can book. Not only can you book independent study rooms, but also you can book group rooms for if you are doing a group project and need a more isolated environment!

The Edge Hill library also has a help desk, so if you ever need help finding resources, or need help due to learning disabilities such as Dyslexia, that’s the best place to go. They even do screenings for Dyslexia if you’re unsure whether or not you have it.

They are currently in the process of building a brand new library for the students, which is going to be even bigger and better! So you’ve got this to look forward to if you apply to come to Edge Hill University!

Hale Hall

Hale Hall is situated within the Hub in the centre of campus. It is open for anyone to come and enjoy some time and sit and relax, but is also an amazing place to study! It’s not that often that it gets noisy, and the environment is generally nice and relaxed, so if you wanted to study it’s not a very distracting place to do so, making it perfect. Plus, it gets you out of your room and also the sofas are actually really comfy (if I do say so myself!).

The LINC Building

The LINC building has 90 open access PCs for use of students, and also printing facilities in case you need to print anything out such as coursework. If you’re writing an essay, or want to write up some research you’ve done, it’s always great to use the LINC building’s facilities!

At times, it can be busy, especially around deadline/exam time, however, it always has a good environment and the students are always respectful of each others’ study time, so there are very little distractions here!

So those are just a few of the places in which you can study without the distractions that come with studying in your room! I find that when I’m in the mind frame in which I’m easy to distract, or if I am a little lost in where to go with my studying, I like to use these places to get back on track with certain assignments and I find it really helps to get out of my room.

3 Replies to “Great Places to Study on Campus”