My university journey so far

Time has absolutely flown by over the past few months and somehow we are already at the end of January! With Christmas and the New Year feeling like forever ago I have found myself reflecting on the past few months and how much has changed since my first few days at Edge Hill. It seems like the perfect opportunity to share with you some of the things I’ve learnt in my first few months as an Early Childhood Studies student.

1. The nerves of first week quickly turn into excitement

Before starting at Edge Hill I was very nervous and wasn’t sure what to expect as a mature student. Getting my timetable for the first time helped to settle me, as did meeting lots of new people on my first day, many of which have become close friends already! There are so many events during Welcome Week, Freshers and again at the start of Semester 2 that you’ll always have opportunities to meet new people and find new interests to explore.

2. Deadlines and time management are nothing to worry about

There are so many people available to offer support and guidance about your assignments or exams that there is no need to stress or feel like you are all alone. Student Services offer a lot of advice to students around issues such as time management, stress, physical and mental health and can even help if you’re feeling a little homesick. By finding a routine which works for you it is easier to manage your time and stay on top of your workload.

3. The campus always feels safe and welcoming

Even on the darkest and coldest nights (or early mornings!) the campus always felt safe and welcoming when I’ve arrived. The lights around campus help you to feel safe and easily navigate your way to where you want to be. The library has a wonderful feeling about it in the early hours, knowing the world is sleeping around you whilst you are learning about something which interests you is an experience I would definitely recommend.

Well that’s all for now from me, if you’ve got a spare few moments why not check out the dates for the Open Days in 2018? Here’s a short video below of what happens. As always, if you’ve got any questions just pop them in the comments section below and I will get back to you 🙂

2 Replies to “My university journey so far”

1. Hello!

I am an American student looking to study away. Would you recommend Edge Hill University? Do you feel like you are receiving a good education?Will I be able to travel? My major is clinical psychology. Any insight you have will be much appreciated!

Thank you,
    Claire

1. Hi Claire,
      Thank you for your comment 🙂 I would definitely recommend Edge Hill University as the standard of teaching is very high and there are so many opportunities to take part in whilst studying. There are many different sports clubs and societies and the campus is beautiful. Hope this helps, any mre questions please do ask.
      Thanks,
      Evie