Fastrack: Preparation for Higher Education

I’m currently beginning my second semester of my first year in Edge Hill University. Being in my 30s and only having a few GCSE qualifications to my name, I didn’t even believe it to be possible!

Around this time last year, and with my partner pregnant with my second child, I decided I wanted a career change. I wanted a job with better career prospects and hopefully more money. I searched round at potential jobs/career paths I would like but was met with the same answer over and over…I didn’t have the necessary qualifications. I left school over 17 years ago with a couple of GCSE ‘C’ grades to my name and had been working full time in a number of jobs since.

My first task was to find out what I would like to do for a living that would give me both job satisfaction and better career prospects. Next was to find out what qualifications etc. I’d need to get this job. Once I discovered that I’d really like a job being involved in marketing & advertising and I knew my C grade in GCSE Biology wasn’t going to be enough to get me my dream job, I had to look into how I could achieve the necessary qualifications.
University was the answer but the problem was I couldn’t start the course I wanted until I had a few more qualifications.

After searching for how to obtain these qualifications, and being met with answers that involved year/s studying or large sums of money, I came across Edge Hills Fastrack course. It was a 7 week intensive course starting in June that would give me the opportunity to attend University and my chosen course in September. It sounded too good to be true, and I was even more shocked to find out it was free of charge!

https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/courses/fastrack-preparation-for-higher-education/

This is the link to the Fastrack course for anyone who might be interested. I’ll post a new blog detailing my own experience of Fastrack for anyone who would like to know as to not bombard you with information now. I will say now though that taking this course was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

If you would like to know more or have any questions regarding Fastrack then feel free to ask.