Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff – Reassuring Advice for University!

Starting university can be a scary thought. There are many preconceived notions of what uni is like, and many of them aren’t necessarily true. So in this blog post, I hope that I can address the major worries many students have when coming to uni, and hopefully, reassure you in the process!   

Don’t worry too much about what halls you are placed in. Deciding on which halls to apply for can feel like a total nightmare of a task, and sometimes you don’t always get your first choice. However, that is not always a negative thing. In my first year I was placed in back halls which I did not apply for, however, I ended up loving the accommodation, and it is still my favourite accommodation on campus.

Also cooking is a lot easier than it looks. If you’ve never cooked for yourself before, cooking regularly might seem impossible for you, however, cooking isn’t as hard as it looks. In first year I cooked pasta bakes and lasagna for myself regularly before learning new dishes. Slowly but surely, you’ll build up a memory bank of different foods you like that you can also cook. There are loads of youtube videos and blogs out there which show you how to make quick, cheap and easy meals. Last year I made a ‘how to’ blog post on stir fry, wraps, and spaghetti bolognese. 

Meeting new people is surprisingly easy! There are many areas of university life which lends itself to socializing. There is a range of societies you can join, from sign language to Disney, with so many options to join, you’re sure to meet like-minded people. You will also meet the people in your accommodation! I became best friends with someone who lived down the hall from me! And of course, you will meet people in your lessons

I hope you enjoyed this post and found it interesting or found it somewhat useful. Thanks for reading.
Until next time!

Film/Show of the day: The Belko Experiment (2016)