Three New Years Resolutions as a Student

With the first semester over and assignments all submitted I found myself thinking about what New Years Resolutions would be good to have over the next year as a student. So here’s 3 resolutions that you could try, all of which would be great for any student and are easy to complete here at Edge Hill.

1. Look after your mental health
Keeping healthy extends further than your physical health. There are so many ways to look after your mental health here at Edge Hill and it is so important to find ways that work for you to keep you as happy, calm and as stress free as possible. Over the next few weeks there are loads of Give it a Go sessions which can help you do just that. From a visit from the Guide dogs to an afternoon of crafts. Check out the full list of activities here. If you feel like you would like some support then the team in Student Services would be more than happy to help too.

2. Be prepared for the semester ahead
Getting organised can save you lots of time throughout the semester. I find it helpful to keep my diary up to date and to have a folder for each of my modules. I use a laptop to type up my notes after each lecture and seminar so that all of my notes are in the same place when it comes to completing assignments. There are many ways to get organised, from checking that you know when your lectures start again and which room they are in to doing some reading to get yourself back into the routine of studying after a long Christmas break. If you would like any advice about becoming more organised why not arrange a meeting with your personal tutor or speak to someone in Student Services. The team are very friendly and approachable and will help with any questions or queries you may have.

3. Try out a new sport/exercise or society
The Sports Centre at Edge Hill has so many amazing opportunities for both students and members of the community. There are membership options to suit all budgets and why not take advantage of the latest offer from the Students’ Union too. If you’d like to try something new why not join a new club or society, many can be found here on the Students’ Union website.

Please do share any resolutions you have in the comments below, would be great to hear your ideas of what you are doing over the next Semester too.