Computer Science and Edge Hill – If you leave Windows open your computer will get cold

Computer Science Students at Edge Hill

Computer Science is a wonderful, broad subject that covers every aspect of computing. It can range from database design all the way to systems administration. I am a first year student in Computer Science (Network, Security and Forensics) and there is a few things that I would have liked to have been told before I started the course. If any of you are thinking about taking this pathway in higher education then these might just help you along the way

Computer Science students have a joint first year

No matter what you specialise in, if you are a computer science student (Without Math) then you are lumped into a joint first year. That means that although I am taking Networking, Security and Forensics as my specialisations within computing science I will still be exposed to other elements of computing such as web design and computing with business.

Edge hill has just got a new tech hub

The £13 million tech hub was opened with the idea of bringing state of the art technology to the computing students of Edge Hill. It features the UK’s first super immersive 3D virtual environment (C.A.V.E) and computer labs spread throughout its 3 floors. It also houses the staff of the computing department.

All computing courses are BSC accredited

Edge Hill computing courses are accredited by the British Society of Computing aswell as The Chartered Institute of IT. They meet all the latest requirements of employers and are ever expanding to keep up with the fast changing environment of Computing.

These are just some of the things that make studying computing science at Edge Hill amazing and enjoyable. If you want to learn more about computing send a email to think@edgehill.ac.uk for advice or leave a comment bellow and I will get back to you personally.