Your First Year at Edge Hill University

Hello lovely people!

I hope you all had a great Christmas and you’re enjoying your holidays! With New Year’s coming up, it is a good time to reflect on my 2017. Earlier this year I finished my first year of Primary Education – I am no longer a fresher! So, I am going to share with you what I miss most about my first year of university.

My favourite things about first year:

1. Exploring Ormskirk and the university’s campus

First year of university is special for everyone no matter where they are based. I miss first year because everything was new, including the places to visit and things to do. However, there are still hidden gems which I am still discovering!

2. Meeting new people

Although it was a scary thought of living somewhere with no familiarity, it was wonderful meeting new people with different backgrounds and cultures. First year allows you to meet the friends that you feel like you have known your whole life.

3. Going out (most nights)

Yes…first year of university does involve a lot of hard work. HOWEVER, after entering my second year, I realise how great it was to be able to go out multiple times a week. First year is definitely the opportunity to have a good balance of work and play (with more emphasis on the play).

4. Independence

Since many students’ first year of university is their first time living away from home, it allows you to have that extra independence. Making decisions off your own bat is liberating! (Sorry mum and dad 🙂 )

If you are hoping to come to Edge Hill next year and would like to look around the campus, there are tours taking place every month! You can click here to book a place.

I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating the New Year! See you in 2018!