First Year Accommodation – Founders Court

Looking back on my first year, I don’t think I would have had such a great university experience if it wasn’t for the accommodation Edge Hill has to offer. Their campus accommodation was recently voted best value for money in the UK (National Student Housing Survey Awards, 2017) and I can understand why!

Location

When deciding which accommodation I wanted to apply for, I mainly looked at the location of the flats. On campus, Founders Court, Palatine Court, Forest Court, Main Halls and Back Halls are most central. Graduates Court is nearer to Education and Health, whereas Chancellors Court and Chancellors South are closer towards the Sport Centre and Creative Edge. However, you should bear in mind that the distance from either edge of campus is not a far one to walk!

How many people live in each flat in Founders Court?

Each floor consists of four, six or eight rooms with a shared kitchen and dining area. For 2017/2018, it ranges from £119-£124 per week (all bills included). All accommodation on campus provides free internet access (phew…no need to waste data!).

Why did I love living in Founders?

Founders court is relatively new and has 380 rooms in total. For me, this was the perfect size because it was easy to meet other students but was big enough for a lively community! Situated right by the security entrance (a taxi drop-off point), it was VERY easy to go into town for nights out! In my eight-room flat, the space was better than I imagined. The kitchen had everything we could have needed including 2 fridges, 2 freezers, a toaster, microwave, 2 electric hobs and 2 ovens.

The bedrooms are all the same (colours vary) with a single bed, desk, chair, wardrobe, drawers, a mini-fridge, and a computer. The TV licence for the kitchen television was included so we could watch TV together!

Overall, I loved living on campus and the more I explored it, the more I found. I was (and I still am) amazed by the modern design and layout of the accommodation, especially in comparison to other universities. I ALWAYS felt safe – in fact, Edge Hill was recently voted the safest university in the North West for the sixth year running (parents, you can worry a bit less!). Whichever accommodation you decide to apply for, they all have amazing views, modern deigns and wonderful people!

Please feel free to ask me any questions or make suggestions for areas you would like more information about. Thank you and until next time!

Accommodation

University is region’s safest for sixth year running