Au Revoir!!

My last ever blog after a year and a half! It’s been great updating you all on what happens at Edge Hill and how I wish I was starting all over again (I’m not jealous I swear!)

I have received my graduation picture and certificate in the post meaning I am officially a Graduate of Edge Hill University. As a past student of Edge Hil, I am part of the Edge Hill Alumni. So I will be updated on all the exciting things that are going on at Edge Hill and the new updates to the campus i.e. the new library! But as my parting gift I am going I share my Top 10 tips for Uni!

1. Be prepared! It’s hard to know what uni will be like before you actually get there, but read the student blogs, get in contact with people on social media that may be living with you next year! Sometimes preparation is half the battle and may make your settling in period a lot easier!

2. Take all your essentials to uni, and if you can buy the rest in Ormskirk! This will save you from having too much to transport on moving day! Either way make sure you have enough money to buy everything you mean! This leads me nicely onto…

3. Budget! For shopping, food, outings, stationary, bills! Is better to have more money than planned than not enough!

4. Independence is amazing at uni! You can do what you want when you want, but don’t abuse this! Look after your body, health and mental wellbeing. Take breaks when you’ve done enough work and stay happy!

5. Ensure you have everything you need for your course, this means equipment, stationary and maybe books! Some courses require summer reading so being ready with the knowledge you’ve learnt can be a huge help at the beginning of your course.

6. Make that extra effort! By this I mean with your housemates, your uni work and especially friends and family at home! They will miss you, so don’t forget everyone you may have left at home! Just because they aren’t around doesn’t mean you should forget them!

7. Transport! Have you sorted this for uni? You may just be walking, great- but make sure you have comfy shoes and a thick coat for the winter months! Driving to uni? Ensure you’ve applied for a parking permit and set off early so you miss traffic (reducing the stress!).

8. Home comforts are a must- this can be slippers, dressing gown or even a favourite picture of your family! You need to make YOUR space a home away from home, so make it cosy and most importantly make it work for you!

9. Be organised, start your assignments as soon as you get them and therefore you can keep on top of your work! There’s nothing worse than having too much to do with so little time to do it!

10. Put on a smile! A smile goes a long way in making friends as it makes you more approachable! It also can make you feel generally happier and therefore you too are more likely to socialise!

So I wish you new beginners a fantastic time at Uni, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Good luck!!!