Those Important Things!

Well this is it, summer is almost over (a few weeks yet thankfully for you guys!) and it time to start getting ready to start your course at Edge Hill University!

Most of you will have already have a good idea of what you need for your new student digs… bedding, pots and pans (look at previous blogs if you want a comprehensive list!). There is a few things I recommend that you should have to make everything a lot easier! Ensuring you have the essentials will allow everything to flow smoothly so you can just deal with your uni work and nktbjng else!

One of the main items that helped me throughout my three years at Edge Hill is my countless trustee notepads. Now I know this might sounds a bit obvious, but you won’t believe how much of a help it is having notes jotted down, especially when it comes to revision! Similarly to College, uni works in the same way! You provide your own equipment and take ownership of your learning, if you’re not going to revise then nobody is forcing you (but do revise!!).

Another thing I found very useful is the Library on campus, there are a limitless supply of books that I have found very helpful throughout my entire course. The amount of books that I have taken out at anyone time has frequently maxed the amount you can borrow! Make sure you have your uni card when visiting the library as it makes it easier when taking out books and accessing the building in the later hours!

Another item that made my University life easier was my laptop. Sometimes you don’t fancy working in the library and there’s nothing better than getting snuggled in bed watching a film and doing your work! The University Wifi is accessible throughout the campus, so there’s no need to worry about being overcharged for your phones data!

Just remember you want to make sure that you have everything ready. There is nothing worse than being unprepared. If your prepared for the day then you’re off to a good start- so get going! Good luck!