IT Support and Student Services

In the two years I’ve been at Edge Hill University, I’ve had to use the various support systems a few times, and I’ve always had a positive response from them. The Student Services at EHU are well renowned and really are there for the benefit of the student.

During first year, I went to the IT Services in the Durning Centre for help setting up my PS4. I was staying in Chancellor’s Court, and no-one had managed to connect their consoles to the wifi or ethernet ports in their bedrooms. Soon, the problem was fixed for Microsoft consoles, but the issue still presided for the Sony counterparts. This was an issue with Sony servers – from the gist of it, Sony wasn’t realising that the halls of residence were multiple addresses and had assumed we were one address trying to connect huge numbers of consoles. After the off-site issue was resolved, I worked with IT Services to help them connect my PS4 to the network; it took a couple of tries over a few phone calls, but we soon had it working. As far as I know, I was one of the first, if not the first person in Chancellor’s Court to get their PS4 connected. Soon after, IT Services set up a system via email to get everyone online a lot easier.

I’ve also had to go to IT Services and Academic Registry to alter some personal details, these were also easily remedied and proved no hassle at all. The support systems in place for technical issues is quite robust.

Also during first year, I made some trips to Milton House, for a different kind of support. Although I only attended a few sessions there, it was a great facility and the people there were extremely supportive of me. The Counselling team at Milton House offer a wide range of support from bereavement to anxiety in one-on-one sessions as well as groups and workshops for uni stress.