Preparing for Results Day

Results day is right around the corner and I’m sure that reminder will be met with a mixture of nerves and relief. Soon you will know for sure whether you have got a place at your chosen university and you’ll be able to make your last preparations before you start in September! However, the anticipation can make you feel a little uneasy, so I’ve compiled a few tips to help you prepare and enjoy results day.

Have a good night’s sleep

I cannot stress this enough! I know it will be difficult, you’ll be nervous and excited, but you must try to get an early night. There’s no point going to sleep at 4am and then missing your alarm to go pick your results up. That kind of stress is the last thing you need. You could try to wake up early the morning before, that way you will be so tired by the evening that you will naturally fall asleep earlier.

Keep occupied the day before

You may spend the day before worrying, it’s completely natural. Try to keep yourself occupied the day before. Maybe spend some time with your friends and family? I went paintballing for a friend’s birthday the day before I got my results. It really helped to distract us all and keep us from being too nervous – trying to avoid people shooting at you with paint has that effect.

Co-ordinate with friends

You know what they say: ‘There’s strength in numbers’ – I’m not sure who They are but it’s definitely true. Perhaps liaise with your friends so you all turn up at the same time. This way you can all support each other and share in the relief that your hard work has paid off!

Celebrate

Perhaps most importantly, remember to enjoy yourself. Make sure you find some time to relax during what will be, probably, a very busy day and recharge your batteries before celebrating. Whatever way you celebrate, whether its hardcore partying or a nice quiet meal with your family, give yourself time to have fun, you deserve it!

Good Luck everybody! 🙂