Results Day

Hey everyone!

As August is here that means there is a very important day on the horizon: Results Day.

Some of you out there may have already received you results and know that you’ll be heading to uni in September.

For some of you though there’s still a little waiting involved before you know if you achieved the results you want to get into uni.

I remember feeling petrified for weeks before results came out. I was constantly worrying about what my results would be, and if I would get the grades I needed to go to uni at all.

It’s a big day, and nerves are high all round.

I remember I couldn’t sleep at all the night before Results Day. Instead me and my sister grabbed some blankets and snacks and held a movie marathon in the living room.

The sugar rush was just about enough to calm my nerves down for a little while.

In the end I had to remember that I had tried my best, and things were out of my control now.

And looking back on it now, I still remember the stress of Results Day but I also remember the great feeling that came when I saw my results were better than I expected and I was officially starting uni in September!

Many of you will start that journey in a couple of months time, and looking back on it two years later I can tell you the nerves are a normal part of the process!

Many of you will receive the results you need for the place at your Firm or Insurance university.

For those of you who don’t, although it can be a little disappointing there are still plenty of options that can still help you start uni in September.

My next blog will be all about Clearing, what that is and how the process works, and I’m hoping that will help some of you realise Results Day isn’t the end of the road.

No matter what the outcome, be proud of yourself for making it this far in the journey and rely on the people around you to help calm your nerves.

As soon as I received my results I had chocolate cake for breakfast to celebrate (I would definitely recommend it to you all!)

Quote for the day: “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” -Unknown

Until next time

-Becki 🙂