Ormskirk Gingerbread Festival!

Ormskirk is a funny place. It’s quaint, quiet and sweet, but also famous for its gingerbread of all things!
Yes, this quaint little town just got sweeter as recently it celebrated and rejoiced over its heritage of gingerbread with a festival, which I had the pleasure of attending.
Although I am going into my third year of university, this was my first time attending the festival, as last summer I stayed at home. However, due to luck and circumstance, I was around for this one.
I’d like to believe that I’ve made Ormskirk my home and Liverpool my city and attending these events really make me feel like a local. I love the North and I love being part of their traditions.
So anyway, with that out of the way I’d like to spend the rest of this post giving you my personal highlights of the festival, enjoy!

The gingerbread man: Of course the gingerbread mascot was there on the day. Usually you see this little guy at the train station, however, he made an appearance in the town square. If you’re still confused about the history around Ormskirk and gingerbread in general, I’ll link a video explaining everything here.

Music: The town was full of music, from shops blasting out old hits to live performances on the street to bands playing in the park music was everywhere! Which was super fun as while you look around at the market stalls and shops you can hear upbeat and happy songs whichever way you chose to step.

Live performances: Which ties in with the last point, as there were singers around the town on microphones, however, there was also circus performers in the square, which the public could join in with!

Stalls: Another good thing about the event was the stalls around the market place. It was nice to see everyone engaging with each other, learning the history of the town, and getting their faces painted!

Fairground: And finally, the last highlight of this festival was the pop-up fairground in the park. The fairground had a sweetie van, rides and an ice cream van. And overall, made the day more eventful, as it added to the festival as a whole.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post! Please feel free to check out my other posts, and I hope you have a wonderful week.
Until next time!

Film/Show of the day: The Gingerbread Man (1992)