Getting a job at Uni

Looking for a job whilst at Uni can be really hard. If you are used to having a job before you come to Uni you will probably be used to having money which means that when you come to Uni, you might have a shock.

I wanted to find a job that would be casual enough for me to study as much as I needed but also be relevant for my future career. I was lucky enough to get a job at Uni working as a front of house member of staff. This was perfect as it meant I could be paid for watching the shows that I would have been watching anyway.

By working for Uni it meant that my hours were casual and so I was able to be flexible and manage my workload as well as earning some money.

If you are lucky enough to work for a chain company that you can transfer across to a different store closer to Uni I would recommend looking into this as soon as possible. It will put your mind at ease knowing that you have a job to go into.

However, if you don’t have that opportunity, don’t worry as Edge Hill isn’t far away from Liverpool where there are always jobs going and if you look early enough you might be able to find yourself a job in Ormskirk.

If you find yourself struggling to find a job, the University’s Student Information Centre can help you. If you are still struggling it may be worth looking towards the end of the year and getting a job ready for your second year in Ormskirk. Just be prepared that if you do decide to get a job in Ormskirk you will probably find yourself having to sacrifice holidays and you may not be able to go home as frequently as you may want to.