If you’re thinking about going to uni, probably one of the biggest worries on your mind is cooking for yourself. Below, with the help of my friends, I have compiled some suggestions for what you can eat next year!
It’s also best to be aware that we have quite a few places to shop from in Ormskirk. Aldi and Morrison’s are the two biggest supermarkets, located about a 15 minute walk from halls. However, you can also get a delivery from Tesco, who now do a specific delivery for Edge Hill students one day a week; they come on to campus. You can also get an Asda delivery, if you’re willing to pick it up from the main gate. If you have a car, you’re in an even better position, as you can drive to the nearest Asda, if you prefer.
Don’t forget the little shops either! Places like Home Bargains, Poundland and B&M do also sell cheap food, although it’s perhaps better to get your tins and packets from these places.
- Pasta and mayo
- Super Noodles (Cheapest in Home Bargains)
- Pasta n sauce (Cheapest in Home Bargains)
- Tuna pasta (tuna; choice of mayo, salad cream or seafood sauce; pasta of choice)
- Pasta bake (pasta of choice; sieved tomatoes or jar of pasta sauce; choice of meat and vegetables)
- Jacket potato (potato; choice of filling)
- Chicken nuggets
- Chilli con carne (quorn or beef mince; passata sauce or sieved tomatoes; chilli mix; choice of pasta, rice or potatoes)
- Burgers (mince; egg; garlic; onions; choice of bread or salad)
- Curry (chicken; choice of sauce; choice of rice or chips)
- Camembert and garlic bread (cheap in Aldi!)
- Salmon, cous cous and salad
- Hunter’s chicken (Aldi)
- Pepper and goat’s cheese pizza (Morrison’s)
- I am a big fan of:
- Little Italy
- I am a big fan of:
- Shake Shack does really nice breakfast dishes, and can be found on JustEat
- Morrison’s breakfast is particularly good after a night out
- Cobble is good for lunch or afternoon tea
- Love to Eat is fast becoming my favourite little coffee shop, although I have also eaten breakfast here, which was yummy!
Remember, you don’t have to completely rule out the more expensive foods; it is important to treat yourself every now and again!