Words of Wisdom

Hey everyone!

Hope you’ve all had another fantastic week. Today I’m going to be sharing some things I’ve learnt so far over the past two years of my degree that I wish I had known before I started university.

These words of wisdom will hopefully answer some questions you might have and help with your preparation for uni.

Here we go!

1. Budgeting

Budgeting is something that may seem completely scary or impossible at first, but it’s something I would definitely recommend.

The main reason to come to uni is to study and get your degree, and doing that with as little stress as possible is always a bonus.

Some students find it difficult to be in charge of their money, or just aren’t entirely prepared.

A lot of factors come into play here: food, accommodation, text books, travel and social activities.

Having a rough idea how much you will spend on these will help you keep track, and means you won’t be praying for your next student loan.

2. Laundrette

This tip is for people who will be living on campus.

As soon as you’ve settled into your new home the first thing I recommend is getting to know the campus better.

Go explore, feed some ducks, chase some rabbits, but most importantly find out where the laundrette is!

You will definitely appreciate it when laundry day comes around, no one wants to be wandering around campus trying to find a washing machine!

(Extra tip: figuring out where the library is will also be a lifesaver a few weeks into the semester.)

3. Freshers Flu

Some students will boast that they never got Freshers Flu, but it’s definitely better to be safe than sorry.

My mum made sure I had lots of cold and flu medicine when I moved into halls, and it was a lifesaver!

Even if you escape Freshers Flu (which is very real and very painful) you will probably come down with a cold at some point and you’ll be happy to have medicine in easy reach.

If you want to earn some flatmate points, you can even offer medicine to anyone in your halls who comes down with Freshers Flu.

Just a few tips to help you make it through the first few weeks of uni as successfully as possible.

I hope you all have a great week!

Until next time!

Becki 🙂