Nature On Your Doorstep

Hey everyone!

Hope you’re all having another good week 🙂

This week I’m going to be talking about a unique aspect of Edge Hill Campus – the amount of nature that can be found here!

The Lakes

Not every campus can boast having a lake, never mind having two!

I lived in Chancellors Court in First Year, and my kitchen overlooked the lake on Eastern Campus. It was such an amazing view, and one I never expected.

The other lake can be found on the Western Campus, near the Faculty of Health and Social Care, so no matter where you are on campus you’re close to an amazing view and a lot of wildlife. Which brings me onto. . .

Ducks!

There are always a few ducks roaming around campus and Edge Hill is probably pretty well renowned for its duck population.

Be careful though, if you have food they like to come and try to steal it!

Plus they’ve been known to wander into the Hub every now and again, which is a pretty fun sight.

If ducks aren’t enough for you then there are rabbits hiding all across campus and even the famous Campus Cat. Definitely worth trying to spot whilst on campus!

La Plage

Along with the lakes Eastern Campus even has it’s very own beach!

With places to sit, enough sand to make an impressive sand castle and the feeling of being on holiday without even leaving campus the beach is one of my favourite spots.

In First Year I would always cut through the beach on the way to lectures and seminars (it’s impossible to be sad for those 9ams when the first thing you see is a beach.)

It’s also a great place to play some card games with friends in the sunshine, our personal favourite is Go Fish.

Nature is all around

Edge Hill’s campus is truly beautiful, and if you don’t believe me come and see for yourself!

The first time I visited I knew this was the place I wanted to spend the next three years studying for my degree. The course was perfect, the tutors were friendly and the excellent scenery was just an added bonus!

Quote for the day: “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’ ” The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath

Until next time!

-Becki 🙂