Lights, Camera, Action!

Hey everyone!

Hope you’re all having a good week and that spring is treating you well. Ormskirk has actually seen some sunshine over the last few days, which is getting me in the mood for summer!

This week’s post is about the Arts Centre here at Edge Hill, which is definitely worth a visit if you are around campus.

The first time I went to the Arts Centre is was to see Moana on Free Film Friday. I don’t tend to go to the cinema much since it’s so expensive, but I really wanted to see this film. Thankfully for me there was a screening at the Arts Centre.

This year every Friday the Arts Centre shows a free film for Edge Hill students. You don’t need to buy a ticket, just turn up, grab a seat and enjoy a film in cinema style without the massive price tag.

The good thing about being a student is getting a lot of free perks and discounts. The great thing about being an Edge Hill student is that these perks keep coming. The Arts Centre doesn’t just offer students free films but discounted ticket prices on any shows/performances on campus.

Not to mention there’s an Edge Hill University student membership scheme, which lets you save even more money (or buy snacks!)

What’s On?

There’s always lots of variety, and something to suit everyone’s taste, so I would definitely suggest checking out what’s currently on at the Arts Centre here.

From films to exhibitions to open mic nights and even student performances there’s always new things to enjoy.

As a Literature student I tend to keep my eye out for screenings of the Royal Shakespeare Company performances, which tend to happen once every few months and are always shown at the Arts Centre.

If you love a good night out without even having to leave campus then the Arts Centre is the place to be.

Quote for the day: ‘All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.’ As You Like It- William Shakespeare.

Until next time!

Becki 🙂