How will you be Assessed?

So exams are around the corner! However you may not ever take another exam again… depending on your course! It is well worth finding out whether your course involves exams or coursework.

Another part of university life that you may have heard about before comi to Uni, is the infamous dissertation. This is an in depth research project, where you plan, create and write about your findings. It is a chance for you to show off your skills that you’ll have built up over the last few years. It is nothing to worry about and everything to look forward to. When you decide on your research title it is exciting as you are in charge of finding something that may impact your career… your practice.

My dissertation is based on peer work in the Mathematics Classroom, I completed the research whilst on my placements and this work will also help me in my professional teaching practice in the future.

I also have a handful of assignments left and I also have one exam left at the end of May and then that’s it, waiting for Graduation in July! It is so worth putting in the extra effort to ensure you get the best grades you can which will result in you getting the best degree classification that you’re capable of.

If you’re taking a course that requires you to pass the teacher skills tests, make sure you do these in plenty of time before the deadline. It’s one less thing to worry about and it means you can get on with your course stress free.

Soon enough you’ll be at Uni completing your assignments…. we can’t wait to meet you!