Why Did I Choose Edge Hill?

I guess you’re wondering why I chose to study at Edge Hill above anywhere else? No? Well I’m going to tell you anyway because I love my uni and I want you to know exactly why I think it was one of the best choices I’ve ever made. Maybe you’ll agree, maybe you won’t, but here are a few of my reasons for choosing Edge Hill.

First Impressions

Edge Hill impressed me from day one. At the open day, not only was there free food (yass!) but the architecture really was amazing and the place struck me as a beautiful place to live and study. When I chatted to the tutors who lead my course, they were so enthusiastic and gave me lots of advice as to what I could do with my degree. They even continued this enthusiasm when I started uni.

All the Awards

Of course awards are a good indicator as to whether a university is worth applying to and Edge Hill has a lot of them! They’ve won awards for graduate employment (one of the top in the country with 95% employment rate in 2013/14), for Best Accommodation in the country (National Student Housing Survey Awards 2016), for having a safe campus, in fact they were the safest in the region in 2015, and they even won University of the Year in 2014/15.

The Area

A big factor in my choosing Edge Hill was the area. It wasn’t too far from home but far enough for me to get my independence. Ormskirk proved to be just lively enough but not as overwhelming as a big city, the perfect mix for someone coming from a small town. Ormskirk is also such a lovely town, they have so many beautiful little cafes and a lot of pretty natural areas that are great to visit in nice weather. Besides all that I’ve really started to think of Ormskirk as my home and I’ll be returning there frequently, even after I graduate!

2 Replies to “Why Did I Choose Edge Hill?”

1. Hi, I am former student of EHU. I just support your opinion about the EHU. It is great place to study and stay.I wish to return here for any reason.

1. Hi Mohammed!
      It’s so nice to hear that others share my opinion of Edge Hill. I know exactly how you feel, I graduate this year but that’s not going to stop me from visiting all the time. 🙂