Applicant Visit Day Advice!

Today I’m going to be discussing applicant visit days as they can be very daunting sometimes, however, with this post I hope to show that they’re not as scary as they may seem by giving you some quick tips that might come in handy on the day!

Take notes: There’s no harm in getting out a notepad or your phone and jotting down some significant points you’ve heard over the day, actually it’s encouraged! From details of your chosen course to information on accommodation and finance, there’s a lot of information to soak up, so make sure to get it all down so you don’t forget anything important.

Be independent: University is all about learning and developing not only in what you study but who you are as a person. So don’t be scared to venture around the university alone, or leave your parents in the foyer in your taster talks, it’s all part of the experience. I personally went to some of my perspective universities alone, and it really helped me figure out if I liked the campus personally or not.

Make your own choice: The best advice I received in regards to this is when I asked my dad if he liked the university or not and he replied “It doesn’t matter what I say Charley, you’re the one who is going to be studying here for the next 3 years, it’s your choice to make.” And I think that says it all really. Make sure you pick the university you want to study at!

Talk to people: Which I know is easier said than done, but honestly it helps, as everyone is in the same boat as you. No one is there to judge you, and they might end up one day in the same class as you!

Don’t be afraid to ask questions: That’s what you’re there for after all, to find out if you like the course and campus, so if a question pops into your mind: ask it.
You’ll be glad you did when you get home and don’t have to stress out later thinking about how you should have asked it.

Explore the campus: Take a look around, see if you like how it looks and if a campus-based university is for you!

And most importantly: Enjoy yourself! Applicant visits days are a big step in picking the university you want to attend but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun at the same time!
Thank you for reading this post, and I hope you found it useful.
Until next time!

Film/Show of the day: 13 Reasons Why (2017)

2 Replies to “Applicant Visit Day Advice!”