EXAMS EXAMS EXAMS

At the moment a lot of you will be bogged down with exams and assignments, join the club. I feel like all I have done for the past few weeks is study. However, one of the most important things I would say is make sure you have fun and relax. If you continue to work endlessly for hours and hours without any break or fun activity then the work you will be doing will start to become like mush. The best way to study is to ensure that you have frequent breaks to allow your brain time to take in the information and relax before you bombard it with more stuff.

One great thing that works for me is being able to meet up with friends. I really enjoy seeing friends and so one great way of having a break from revision or assignments is to meet with a friend for a coffee or food. This allows me not only to have a rest but also to enjoy myself alongside the tedious work load. I also find that having something scheduled in for the day, helps improve my productivity. I know that I have a set time that I need to be somewhere and so I will set myself mini targets of what I will be able to achieve by that time. This is really useful as it means that I am working in an effective way rather than wasting time.

I would say that a structure is the most important thing to achieve success. If you plan out the time that you have until exams or assignments are due, then you can see how long you have. This allows you to manage your time and make sure that you don’t leave it all to the last minute. You may find that you are a last minute person but at Uni you will find this very stressful so it’s a good idea to get into a good habit now.

This may take a bit of time out of your study time but it will be more effective in the long run. The most important thing is not to stress as this is effectively just wasting more time. I tend to stress about the fact that I don’t have time to do the work which in itself is counter-productive! Good luck to all of you studying hard at the moment, it won’t be long now before Summer is here and you will be free!