Theatre Screenings- National Theatre, RCS and more!

Hello all, hope you’ve had a wonderful week so far!

I’ve made previous posts on what Edge Hill’s own wonderful Arts Centre offer to students and the surrounding public (these will be linked at the bottom of the post!), and although I’ve mentioned the Theatre Screenings briefly, I thought I’d provide a little more detail on these!

These screenings usually occur in the Studio Theatre, which has a huge projection screen; it’s like being at the movies! The screenings are streamed live from the best London theatres, and as they are filmed from several angles, you get to see theatre like you never have done before! I went to see Bertolt Brecht’s The Threepenny Opera, and what I loved about it was that there were some camera angles that I never would have seen unless I’d bought really expensive seats for the theatre it was filmed from.

There have been many screenings over the past 7 months I’ve spent at the University, and more are yet to come!

Coming up, there’s the Royal Shakespeare Company’s renditions of Julius Caeser and Antony and Cleopatra, and there’s also the National Theatre’s renditions of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Twelfth Night and Angels in America (parts one and two are split between two nights). So lots of shows you might be interested in or want to see if you’ll enjoy! One of the best things about being a student is that if you sign up for the free Arts Centre membership you can get tickets to see these screenings for free! If you’re near Ormskirk and want to check out some of these screenings, click here to be taken to the webpage that will give you more details on dates and tickets!

Find my previous posts here:

The Arts Centre Box Office- Theatre Galore!

The Arts Centre (FREE!) Membership

Love Film?