What is a Summer Residential?

Edge Hill offers a summer residential programme for sixth form and college students wishing to know more about the university and the student experience. I think this is such a wonderful and unique idea as I have personally benefitted so much from my experience of the summer residential programme as it was in 2014 and I’d like to share a bit about my experience and other information about this programme.

What is it?

The summer residential is a three day visit during the summer holidays for students to get a taste of life at Edge Hill. In order to take part there is an application process consisting of a short personal statement and education history. It gives you specific insight into your chosen subject and a feel for what studying the subject is like, as well as what uni life is all about! You also get to explore the campus and Ormskirk, giving you an idea of what living in the area would be like.

My experience

I went on the residential in the summer of 2014 when the programme was a little different. I still got a feel for the uni and met a lot of my future best friends. It really helped me not feel so apprehensive about starting uni as I already had an idea of what to expect and knew a lot of people on my course. I really enjoyed it and it made me even more determined to work hard and earn a place at the university.

All in all, if you’re considering going on one of Edge Hill’s residential programmes I couldn’t recommend it more! You have nothing to lose after all.

Until next time! 🙂