Exam time- how to have a stress free exam period

Hello all, hope you’re having a great week!

As it’s coming up to exam period at the University and possibly at your colleges/sixth forms, I thought it would be appropriate to talk about every student’s worst nightmare: exam time…

I’m in the middle of my exams and of course, it can be stressful, but there’s a few tips I’ve gathered from my time here at Edge Hill to ease the stress and have my mind in a good place!

1. List things… list things… list things… – when it comes to deadlines and essays, you can start to feel a little overwhelmed. Something that really appeals to the creative side of me is to make a colourful list of all the important dates such as essay deadline and my performance exams!
  2. Make sure you keep some time for yourself- although it’s important you revise and do the work necessary to pass your exams, you need to breathe! Plan yourself some time- whether this is simply 15 minutes or an hour- within your day where you can do something you enjoy. Do some colouring, reading, watch an episode of your favourite TV show- but don’t start procrastinating :p
  3. Eat well- if you’re hungry you’re never gonna be able to focus! You also need your brain fuel… so eat healthily and often!
  4. Sleep! – when it comes to students, we can be a nocturnal bunch… but nobody can function properly without a decent night’s sleep. You need your energy!
  5. Treat yo-self! – if you’re sat there revising for a while, it can begin to feel like eternal suffering… well, maybe not quite so dramatic, but you can begin to feel agitated. So give yourself something nice to work towards- chocolate is a good one!

All in all, the exam period is what you make of it, and although it can be stressful, I hope these tips help you to relax and be the best you can!

If you have any exams coming up soon, good luck! You’ve got this đŸ™‚