My Experience with Vibe Radio

As many of you know by now, I partake in quite a few things at the uni, one of which I’ll be sharing with you today, which is Vibe Radio.

For those of you who don’t know, Edge Hill have their own radio station which is part of
Vibe media, and in my first year I produced a radio show with three of my friends called ‘Reel Talk’. Our show was two hours of soundtracks, quizzes, and conversations about movies and tv shows, which was super fun. Our weekly show was hosted by myself and my friend Emma, and each week had a theme e.g action, romance, horror, etc.   

Secret Santa gifts which we opened on air.

One of the best parts about the radio show is that you can play and do pretty much whatever you want as long as it’s not offensive. This made the experience of writing the weekly script/schedule for the show fun as we could be as creative as we wanted with it. Additionally, anyone can have a radio show, regardless of your course, as long as you’ve signed up for Vibe, you’re good to go!

Posing with the Mayor.

My favourite part of doing the radio show though was when we were given the opportunity to host a charity fun run at the uni. When we volunteered to host the event we didn’t really know what to expect, just that we needed to create a playlist of songs, however, when we got there and got handed the mics, we found out a lot more was required of us.
Our job for the whole event was to cheer people on while also playing DJ, which was so much fun as we ended up having jokes with the runners who came in, and with the spectators. Also, we met the mayor of west Lancashire which was pretty cool.

However the best moment of the day happened near the end of the event. Everyone thought the last runner had gone through and everyone was packing things away and going home, until one of the organisers came over to us and inform us that one person had yet to finish the race. So we waited for this one runner to make it to the end, which felt so long. Just looking over the empty running track while listening to ‘We Are the Champion’, wondering if this lost runner was ever going to find their way back, when suddenly we saw them. As they slowly made their way to the end of the race with myself and Emma’s support, we jumped onto the track so they wouldn’t finish the race alone. And that is how I ended up running a marathon, and I still have the medal to this day.

So if there is anything to take away from this post, it’s that: Vibe radio is pretty cool and worth a try if you’re interested in podcasts or anything such as that and to take every opportunity that gets thrown at you as you might accidentally end up running a marathon event at the end of it all.
I hope you all have an amazing week,
Until next time!

Film/Show of the day: The Room (2003)