Make the most of Reading week and Holidays

When you used to study at school or college you would be likely to have a week half term break. This usually happens at University but in the form of a reading week. This is something that appears to be self explanatory but trust me use it wisely.

During my first and second year I was able to go on family holidays during this time or spend time with friends from home. However, in third year you must use this time productively.

It is a great opportunity to catch up with anything you may have left or missed over the past few weeks but also it is a great opportunity to get ahead of the game. Use it to read the texts you may be studying in the upcoming weeks and more likely than not you will need to start some of your assignments during this week.

This does not mean that you shouldn’t take time to rest though. You should always ensure that you are coming back from a week off restored and ready to get straight back into it as there isn’t much time to prepare for the assignments after this.

One thing that I like to do is set myself a target of what I like to achieve during the week and then fit in when I will be doing it. I find it easier to give myself the evenings and then work throughout the day either in the library or at home. This gives me a good balance between getting my work done but also seeing friends and giving myself a rest.

However, if you are on top of your work then why not take this opportunity to give yourself a break or if you work part time use the time to get a few more hours in and save money for the next term. It is important that you don’t waste the week though as the time flies after the half term mark has passed and you will find yourself running out of time to complete everything.