My Favourite Places on Campus

Edge Hill’s campus is full of beautiful places, it’s like its own little town with pretty much everything you would need. The friendly, community feel of the campus was a huge factor in my choice to study here so I thought I’d share a few of my favourite places with you.

The Arts Centre

I love the Arts Centre because it has such great facilities for the performing arts students. It boasts a large number of facilities for every aspect of the arts from dance studios to costume workshops. I personally enjoy going to see shows and events there, I’ve been to so many over the last couple of years from professional productions to those put on by students and I’ve even performed in the Rose theatre myself!

Chancellor’s Court

Chancellor’s court is where I used to live in first year, it has a certain nostalgia about it for me. My room used to directly overlook the river so it was lovely to wake up to such a gorgeous view. I Love sitting at the beach area when the weather is nice. The entire area is such a relaxing environment and definitely one of my favourite places to chill.

Sporting Edge

I managed to see Sporting Edge being built during my first year at Edge Hill, seeing how much it developed really interested me. I love how new and shiny everything is there, especially the swimming pool which is where I spend most of my time there. One of my favourite aspects of the sports building is that it has a café area overlooking the pool so you can grab a Starbucks after a good work out.

The Hub

I spend most of my time in The Hub nowadays, it’s the central point of the campus and is often very busy during term times. It has so many different places to grab food and a drink, you can get a meal deal from McColl’s or a hot meal from Sages, or my personal favourite a panini from the sandwich area. The Hub also has a number of different stalls that visit on a weekly basis that sell crepes, smoothies, candles, knitwear and a load of other things. It’s a great and very central place to meet up with friends before or after class.