The Arts Centre (FREE!) Membership

Hello all, hope you’re having an easy Friday!

As a follow up to the post I made yesterday on the Arts Centre and the performances that run throughout the year, I thought you should all know about the wonderful membership they started up just this year.

The Arts Centre membership is a completely free membership for any and all students at the Edge Hill University- not just for those on the Performing Arts courses!

Although most of the performances and screenings shown at the Arts Centre are £5 or below, this membership allows you to get 4 free tickets to see anything you want during each of the two theatre seasons in the year- Autumn-Winter and Spring-Summer- which I think is a great offer! Especially if you love theatre, film or music but don’t have so much money (something all students come to at some point in their time at Uni!).

My new membership card!

Every member gets one of the brand new membership cards which is quite cool too!

One of the things I love about this membership is that usually when you hear the word membership you’re expected to pay something towards what you’re getting out of it, but this membership is completely free. I think it’s great how this opens up theatre to students who maybe don’t get as much student finance or who are interested in theatre but struggle to pay prices in big theatres.

As I’m on the BA (Hons) Performing Arts course, one of my modules requires me to review and analyse performances, which would become an extra stress as without the Arts Centre and the membership I would both have to travel into Liverpool and pay that expense, then pay £25+ for the actual shows- whereas I can simply walk 5 minutes from my room in Back Halls to the Arts Centre and see a show for free.

So if you’re looking at coming to Edge Hill in September and you’re a theatre fan, be sure to check this out!

If you want to read my previous post on the Arts Centre, click here!