Hello all, Happy New Year! I hope you’ve all had a great start to the year and are enjoying a break from your colleges, sixth forms or other.
I’m sure one of the most important things to you is how you can travel to, from and around Edge Hill University. Before arriving to the Uni it was on the top of my list of stuff to know, as I’m the nervous type when travelling places!
Transport to and from Ormskirk
- Ormskirk Train Station- there is a train station in the Ormskirk town centre which is very easily accessible. There are two platforms, so it’s a fairly small station, however this makes it less stressful when boarding your trains home for the first time! The train station has two exit ways, one of which is a short pathway to the bus station and the heart of the town centre.
- Ormskirk Bus Station- there is a bus station in the town centre, as I mentioned above, which again is small, however if your town offers buses to Ormskirk and it’s cheaper than trains it’s always an option! Here’s a link to a page which shows you the buses available and links to timetables: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/sustainability/travel/bus/
Transport to and from Edge Hill University
- Walking- thankfully, the University is only a short walk from the town centre! If you’re a fan of walking or the other transportation services are not running, it only takes roughly 10 minutes to walk back or into town, and it’s a straight road that you can follow and end up in the heart of the town centre.
- Edge Link Bus- Edge Hill have one of the most useful transportation offers set in place: a free bus that runs between the University and the town centre! You just need to show the driver your Uni ID. This is incredibly helpful, as it means you don’t have to spend money on transport to and from doing your grocery shopping, work or any fun activities you might do! The bus currently stops at two places on campus- the Security hut which is at the very front of the Uni and by Creative Edge, which is close to the Chancellors Court accommodation- and stops at the bus station in Ormskirk. Here is a link to a page which has the current timetable for you to see what it’s like and info on things such as ticket prices if you forget your Uni ID: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/sustainability/travel/edge-link/
- Taxi services- there are a couple of taxi services in Ormskirk which are always on hand to get you to and from the University if the bus isn’t running or you’re out late. It usually costs me £3 a trip, so it’s not too expensive, however I wouldn’t make a habit of taking taxis as it can add up!
How you arrive at Edge Hill in September or for Applicant Visit or Open Days if you choose to do so depends on where abouts you are coming from, however, I hope that this has given you a bit of insight into what is available around Ormskirk and the University so that you can make any enquiries into transport that you need to!
I hope you all have a wonderful day 🙂