Little by Little

I am currently applying for my Masters Degree, and therefore i am reliving all of the things I hated about applying for Uni the first time around, e.g. Personal Statements, remembering what GCSE’s I got and what exam board they were for.

So if you are filling out your UCAS application, I feel your pain, and I thought I would share a few tips I remember, and a few I am figuring out all over again.

Don’t Do it all at Once
Just don’t even try, you will get stressed out, and bored and end up forgetting things or not putting enough effort into it, this is particularly true about your personal statement. Spend a fair amount of time on it, but not all at once, give yourself a break and look at it with a fresh pair of eyes every couple of days

Ask for Help
I am rubbish at asking for help with things, I generally just plod along with things until I figure it out myself, but this is stupid when it comes to your UCAS, there will be people at your college who can help you with certain parts, whether it’s writing a personal statement or choosing a course to begin with, use them it will save you a lot of time and stress.

Do your Research
It is always good to have some decent back up options just incase things don’t go to plans, but don’t just put down whatever, because then you won’t want to actually go to them should you have to, find two or three solid backups that you would be happy to do your degree at just in case, it saves a lot of stress around results time.

Don’t stress out, and get it done as soon as you can to focus on college work, and then you don’t have to think about it again until next summer, which is kind of ages away, and kind of not very far at all, but you will understand that as you get there.

Until Next Time.