It’s October, which means it is around the time you will be starting to learn about UCAS at college and doing some research on all the University’s and courses you might want to go to. It can be pretty daunting there are a lot of places out there, and they all have a lot of differences, some small, some not so small.

The first thing you have to realise, is that your perfect UNI might not exist, now I don’t mean this to be a downer on things, but understanding this will save you a load of time, not to say you won’t find a great university, but some great universities might not do your course, and some courses might be done best at some not so appealing universities.

You need to work out your priorities, whether or not you want to move away from home, and if so how far. What kind of course you want to do, be it a BA or a BSc, and if this affects the way your degree might be taught. You really cannot go into too much detail.

In my opinion it is best to start with the course you want to do, this is the degree you will end up with and it is what you will be taking to employers for years to come. Go in depth, look at modules, look at the way things are taught or examined, and make yourself a shortlist, then you already have a short list of universities.

And remember, there is only so much you can learn from the internet, Open Days are your friend, the first Open Day for Edge Hill I attended really sold it to me, and I was dead set from then on.

Don’t limit yourself, try everywhere you can, because even if you get it on the first go, the second and third might still make the decision that bit easier.

Until Next Time 🙂