The Nitty Gritty

Now, I bet you’ve heard a lot more about the social life at uni than you probably have about the actual degree part!

Now everybody’s course is different and I definitely recommend that you ask somebody how your course is assessed before you start uni to make sure that you are prepared for what’s instore! I however missed this highly important factor and found myself amongst essays, coursework and exams (not that this bothers me – thankfully!). Such courses as Early Years and Primary Education only consist of essays and coursework currently, so it really does depend on what suits you.

Like everything as a consumer, if you are paying for something you need to make sure it’s what you want, especially your education as it is the foundation for your future. Having a degree should open doors to you, allowing you to go down many career routes rather than being restricted to HAVING to do something you’re not 100% on.

Some courses will even let you choose areas to major/minor in (such as primary education) allowing you to have a say in what you learn which makes essays etc. so much easier when you enjoy, and have an interest in, what you’re doing.

So remember to ask questions and enjoy what you’re doing!