Dissertation results!

Hello guys,

So this week I get my dissertation results back (obviously the second external marker must agree with them to be definite, but let’s just go with it).

I don’t really stress once I’ve uploaded a piece of work. I’m quite calm until the day of results so right this second I’m good- let’s see if that lasts. Whether it’s good news or bad I’m just going to take it as it comes. There’s nothing I can do now to fix it, so there’s no point in falling to pieces. So this is where I give you the ‘don’t worry speech’ and begin to sound like my mother.

Right, results. Results are scary and the pressure to achieve highly is always looming on your shoulders, BUT (and its a BIG but) regardless of what they are, they don’t define you. EHU supports people who have achieved high and low and are willing to work with people who didn’t achieve their expected grades. Obviously we all want to do well and getting grades that we either didn’t want or weren’t expecting can be heart-breaking. However, when we finally start to calm down, we realise that there is always a way to fix things and there’s always another path to take.

So, regardless of your results remember that you’ve achieved (whether high or low) something and that something is fantastic! It’s better to try and fail, than to never have tried at all.

GOOD LUCK!

Until next time…