What I Take to My Lectures…

Starting seminars and lectures can feel super daunting, especially when you have no idea what to expect! I remember when I was first starting out, and I was frantically scouring through YouTube in hope of finding helpful videos, advising me on what to take with me! It’s safe to say, this is no ‘first day of high school’ scenario – no need for multiple useless folders and wallets to be stuffed into your oversized backpack. So I truly hope this post puts your mind at rest a little bit, and reassures you!

Backpack/handbag – There’s really no right or wrong answer with this one. You’ll definitely need one either way, but this is completely dependent on your personal preference. Firstly, consider the amount of unnecessary luggage you carry around with you on top of those supplies deemed slightly more vital. Just as long as your bag is durable and comfortable, choose what takes your fancy!

Notebook/laptop – For me, this was biggest concern. I feel it’s a common myth to assume all students attending university use laptops in seminars, but this is super untrue! This is totally down to you and your personal preference of how note taking, takes your fancy. For me, I just prefer collating written notes, whilst others prefer access to power points in which they can quickly ‘copy & paste’ information straight over onto their notes. Research how your course assess you, that’s my best advice!

Diary – I super recommend picking one of these up before starting university. It’s been my number one life saver. I write down everything in there. So much information is thrown at me each day, so if you get into the habit of writing them down now, you should never get caught behind schedule.

Pencil Case – Do I really need to state the obvious here?

Hair Brush – Hey, I’m a girl! What do you expect?

Mobile Phone – This is super handy for pulling up power-points already posted onto ‘Blackboard’ – helpful if you’re a little behind on note taking.

Purse – There are plenty of cafes around campus, so if you’re fortunate to receive a break between seminars and don’t fancy walking two minutes back to your accommodation, grab a bite to eat with your friends!

Keys – Kinda important don’t you think…

AND THAT’S IT? Nothing too unusual to what you would usually take out with you really, is it? I told you there was nothing to worry about!