What is there to do in Liverpool?

If you’re planning to come to Edge Hill University, then I have no doubt you will have firstly questioned…where the hell is that?! And secondly, where is the closest city?
Well your answer is Liverpool, and luckily for you guys I spent the entire duration of last weekend finding out what there is going on there, and all the touristy things you could do, so I’ll get right into it!
IMG_8817Albert Docks
If you’re a sucker for a little bit of history and some beautiful scenery (or just some really good food) this is the place to be. On a bright sunny day its an absolutely gorgeous setting to just walk around with a few bars and restaurants to visit en-route. There are also a couple of free museums including the Maritime Museum and the Slavery Museum, which are definitely worth a wander round.

The Beatles Story and Cavern Club
Now I’m not going to lie if, you’re not a Beatles fan girl like me this probably won’t sound so great, but if you are then you have to go!! I can’t believe its taken me 3 years to do, I absolutely loved it and to make things even better they still have live music on at the Cavern club down Matthews street in Liverpool where the Beatles used to play!

Tate Liverpool
As an arts student I love going to exhibits, and there’s always something pretty exciting going on at the Tate Liverpool. Currently they’ve got some Matisse work and it’s really worth going to see in the flesh.

Open Eye Gallery
This is another free gallery in Liverpool that I visited last week that specialises in photography. I love that there is so much you can do in Liverpool without spending a penny which is great when you’re a student!

Restaurants and Cafes
There are some really special independent spots hidden around Liverpool if you’re looking for somewhere to eat, some of my favourites include:
The Salt House – best tapas ever!
The Brunch Club – best pancakes ever!
The Spice Lounge- best indian ever!
Liverpool One
Well I couldn’t write a post about Liverpool without mentioning shopping! It’s literally my favourite place to shop in the UK I think (that’s a bold claim!) but they really do have everything a girl could ever need.

I hope this post was helpful, I think its good to know that there is so much to do in Liverpool and that’s is so close to Ormskirk that could can get there and back for as little as £4!